Learn from home — participate in the Alzheimer Society of B.C.’s free one-hour tele-workshops.
It’s easy to participate. You can just listen on the phone or you can watch a live presentation on your computer, with sound provided by your computer (allowing for worldwide free access!) or by your phone. You also have the option of downloading handouts after the session.
Take a survey to help us make our tele-workshops better!
Participation is easy!A few minutes before the start of each session, simply dial the phone number and link to the website using the following instructions:
Enter participant pass code: 1122333
Web access (optional)
Visit the Tele-workshop web login page.
Enter as a Guest.
Download a poster of upcoming July to September tele-workshops.
Subscribe to receive notifications of upcoming tele-workshops.
Past tele-workshop recordingsRecordings of past tele-workshops (shortened versions) are available to view online. Click the name of the tele-workshop below to view the recording and download corresponding handouts:
- Activities to do with the person with dementia
- Advocacy – Navigating the system
- Advocacy – Speaking up about dementia
- Celebrating the holidays
- Children, teens and dementia
- Driving and dementia
- Getting a diagnosis and talking to your physician
- Getting ready for the provincial election
- Heads up: An introduction to brain health
- Helping with memory loss
- Life after diagnosis
- Living safely with dementia
- Long-distance caregiving
- Navigating the system
- Personal planning
- Research update
- Transition to residential care
- Travelling with a person with dementia
- Understanding behaviour
- Understanding communication
- Understanding dementia
- Understanding tax benefits and credits
For more information
Additional questions about our tele-workshops?
Call 1-800-667-3742 (604-681-6530 in the Lower Mainland) or e-mail email@example.com.
Last Updated: 07/31/2018