About the Alzheimer Society of Huron County
The Alzheimer Society of Huron County is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to helping people affected by Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. In addition to providing programs to the community we also support research through the Alzheimer Society of Canada as well as the Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Diseases.
- Formed in 1992
- Incorporated in 1993
- Non-profit charitable organization
- Serves all of Huron County with a population of 59,000
- Ten board members
- Volunteers assist with many aspects of the organization including board governance, programs, fund development and awareness as well as office assistance
- Over 100 Friends of the Society
- Over 90 volunteers
- Associated with the Alzheimer Society of Ontario (30 Chapters) and the Alzheimer Society of Canada
The Alzheimer Society of Huron County is committed to providing educational and support services to people with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, care partners and the general public.
Charitable Registration No. 14068-5751- RR0001
The Alzheimer Society of Huron County is a non-profit charitable organization and depends on charitable donations and special events fundraising for the financial support required to continue our work. All donations to the Alzheimer Society of Huron County are eligible for tax receipts.
The Society receives funding through the Southwest Local Health Integrated Network (SWLHIN) to support our education, counselling and First Link programs. Multi-Sector Accountability Agreement is signed with the SWLHIN.
Statement On Privacy
Last Updated: 11/08/2017