Ambassadors have an interesting and important role to fill for the Alzheimer Society of Huron County. This front line contact volunteer will become familiar to those in their community as one who can provide a direct link for information and services of the society. As a community ambassador, the volunteer would be responsible for:
- Assisting with posting notices about events being held by the Society in the community
- Organizing Alzheimer Society brochures/information in local library, nursing, retirement homes, and other appropriate locations
- Distributing kits and materials for events in local community if required
- Assisting staff with displays at local events
- The volunteer may also consider helping with local fundraising activities
- Being the local community contact for the Alzheimer Society of Huron County
Benefits: a personal feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment knowing they have helped the Alzheimer Society of Huron County provide education or direct service to support individuals with dementia and their families. As well volunteers have the feeling of being an important part of staff and the volunteer team. Community Ambassadors are welcome to participate in educational workshops and presentations organized by the Alzheimer Society of Huron County.
Accountability: The volunteer is accountable to the Community Outreach Coordinator.
Commitment: Minimum of 1 year. Ability to work independently.
Requirements: volunteers must have a good knowledge of their community and have a genuine interest in providing referral information to those who may ask for assistance. The ambassador will be asked to contact the office on a regular basis. Access to transportation would be helpful.
Training: An orientation to the Alzheimer Society will be provided and the volunteer will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Contact: The Alzheimer Society of Huron County office at 519-482-1482/1-800-561-5012
Last Updated: 11/08/2017