The Caregiver Wellness Program is comprised of two parts. The Navigating Your Journey portion provides the opportunity for care partners to self-reflect and discover where they are on their journey with dementia. The Staying Connected portion provides an opportunity for care partners to stay in touch with other attendees and our organization.
Navigating Your Journey
Sessions 1 & 2 will focus on giving participants the opportunity to examine their own journey and learn about resources and supports that may be available along the way. Each participant will be given a workbook to follow throughout the program.
- Determine where they are on their dementia journey
- Learn strategies for self-care
- Learn to identify signs of stress and coping strategies
- Examine current and next steps which may provide empowerment and enhance their well-being
- Receive information on resources, services and programs offered at the Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region and in the Niagara community
- Receive encouragement, inspiration and thoughts from fellow participants
All care partners who have participated in the Navigating Your Journey sessions are invited to attend a bi-monthly Caregiver Wellness: Staying Connected session. As well, a general invitation to all care partners will be extended to provide opportunities for care partners to stay in touch through workshops, guest speakers and special events.
Scheduled events will align with the interests of the group and may include:
- Social events
- Guest speakers
- Opportunities to build connections
- Navigating Your Journey: March 2018
- Staying Connected: Taking Care of You: Self Care for the Caregiver: March 28, 2018, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Registration is required. Please call our front desk at 905-687-3914.
Last Updated: 02/21/2018