Thank you for your interest in the Alzheimer Society of Nova Scotia. The following position is available:
Position Title: Database and Accounting Assistant
Contract: 35 hrs per week
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Accounting and Databases Assistant provides ongoing support to the Society through performing a variety of Administrative duties.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, this individual works as part of the Finance and Administration team to achieve the Strategic Directions of ASNS. In addition, the Database and Accounting Assistant works with staff and volunteers, as appropriate to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
- Assist with reception coverage
- Assist with Donations, Registration, Invoicing and Receipting
- Assist with Accounts Receivable/Payable and Simply Accounting
- Assist with the development, monitoring and management of server and database data
- Assist with preparation of a variety of documents and reports using Microsoft Office Suite / eTapestry
- Assist with IT support
- Assist with general office administration and support including mail and data entry
- Assist with the compiling and preparation of information for conferences, and events
- Participate as a team member with the other ASNS staff, and assist with other administrative duties as required
- Occasional weekends or evening may be required in support of an event or program
- Proven competencies in software applications and programs, particularly Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Power Point, Access and Outlook. Excellent word processing, database and file management skills
- Excellent client service skills and superior telephone manner. Excellent interpersonal skills, helpful friendly attitude. Must possess personal tact, discretion and good judgement
- Highly developed organization, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments and workload within limited timeframes; ability to handle a demanding workload with limited direct supervision
- Ability to perform the duties within the requirements of the position while demonstrating accountability, reliability, and initiative.
- Good working knowledge of office equipment and procedures including computers, photocopiers, printers, fax machines, mailing equipment, telephone and filing systems
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration and Five years work experience
- Basic knowledge of Simply Accounting
- Experience with database work, eTapestry is an asset
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work within a team environment
When applying include a cover letter that clearly states how you meet the requirements and qualifications for the position along with your resume and include these 2 items in 1 file.
Please send applications to Carla Dolomont at Carla.Dolomont@asns.ca
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline Feb. 14 2018.
Last Updated: 02/06/2018