Mission, vision and values
MissionAlzheimer Society Peel exists to alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias; to help find the cause, prevention and cure.
VisionThe Society provides Help for Today and Hope for Tomorrow by offering support and programs for individuals and their families affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias.
- Respect: Show respect for the dignity of the person with Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia
- Compassion: Show concern and understanding; support the personhood of people with Alzheimer’s disease
- Integrity: Focus on trustworthiness, including honesty, reliability and loyalty, in an environment of total quality care
- Competency: Focus on effective, appropriate, high quality care and administration in programs and services for people with Alzheimer’s disease and their families
- Home: Encouraging and supporting people in their homes and communities
- Knowledge: Focus on having knowledge, sharing and providing resources and information to the community to improve the way we provide dementia care. Using what we learn today as the building blocks for tomorrow.
- Accountability: To be aware of, and accountable to the users and funders of ASP for the commitments they make to our organization. To spend and make decisions thoughtfully and wisely.
Last Updated: 11/08/2017