First Link is a referral program to allow Health Care Professionals and Community Agencies to refer their patients and/or clients to receive additional support.
Working with individuals affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias to a community of learning, services and support.
Goals and Objectives
- First Link is a referral program that will link individuals and families affected by Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia to a community of learning, services and support.
- First Link will provide access for individuals with dementia and their caregivers to comprehensive and coordinated services by identifying and reaching out to them as early as possible in the disease process.
- First Link aims to accomplish this goal by enhancing partnerships and linkages between the diagnosing primary care physician and other primary care providers, diagnostic and treatment services, community service providers, and the Alzheimer Society Peel.
First Link Process
The Benefits to First Link
- Increased effective and efficient utilization of community resources
- Stronger links between diagnosing physicians/health care professionals, Alzheimer Society and community service providers
- Overall increase in public awareness helping to reduce stigma
- Education for care providers and/or those diagnosed
- Support groups and counselling sessions
If you are a healthcare professional looking for more information, including requesting the First Link referral form, please contact:
Katie Griffiths, First Link Coordinator 905-278-3667 ext 314 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a healthcare professional looking to submit a First Link referral, please email to email@example.com or fax to 905-507-1991
Last Updated: 05/25/2018