What you can do
Now is the time to be heard by our candidates. Here are some things you can do to inform and educate the MPP candidates in your community:
- Go to your town hall and ask the following questions of your candidates:
- What is your plan to reduce the number of people with dementia in our community and ensure that people with dementia receive the dementia care they need?
- How will you ensure people with dementia in the community have access to care provided by trained care staff?
- What is your plan to support caregivers of people with dementia?
- What would you say to someone who is trying to access services but is unable to because the person they care for displays behaviours that are difficult
- Become a Champion for Dementia
- Speak with the candidates if they come to your door. Talk to them about your personal experience with Alzheimer's disease and how the Ontario Government can help both the person with dementia and their families and caregivers.
- Send a letter to your candidates. Talk to them about the Alzheimer Society three areas if critical needs and how they can be addressed through an Ontario Dementia Plan.
These materials are available for your use. Circulate to candidates, canvassers, and at local events:
- Download and print our Ontario election 2014 call to action (1 page, double-sided document).
- Backgrounders (click on title for pdf):
- Candidate information:
Last Updated: 11/08/2017