2018 Investors Group Walk for Alzheimer's
Come and join us on Sunday, May 27th for the 2018 Investors Group Walk for Alzheimer’s in Simcoe County at the Dorian Parker Centre located within beautiful Sunnidale Park in Barrie!
Our goal is to raise funds for programs and services provided to families in our region who are living with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
2018 Investors Group Walk for Alzheimer's SponsorsChartwell Georgian Traditions- Collingwood Chartwell Tiffin- Midland
BDO Canada LLP
Hercules Sealing Products Canada
2018 Investors Group Walk for Alzheimer's Media Sponsors
Interested in joining the Planning Team? Here are some ways to help! (Click on each for full description)
- Planning Team Chair- To oversee the planning of the Walk for Alzheimer’s. To call and chair the meetings of the Planning Team. To give direction to the Coordinators and the Planning Team when needed. To act as official spokesperson for the event.
- Logistics Coordinator- To identify logistical needs for the Walk for Alzheimer’s. Make arrangements to fill those needs through donations whenever possible. To plan and implement set up and take down of all equipment for the event.
- Sponsor Relations- To collaborate with the Events Coordinator to recruit sponsors. Ensure that the sponsors are recognized appropriately in accordance with their sponsorship agreement.
- Donations coordinator- To identify possible prize donors and solicit donations from them for prizing in various categories (i.e.: top team, top individual) and draw prizes. To ensure that proper records of donations are kept and donors properly recognized
- Donations Canvasser- To approach businesses within Simcoe County to secure donations for the Walk for Alzheimer’s.
- Recruitment coordinator (individuals)- To identify and encourage individuals to participate in the Walk for Alzheimer’s
- Recruitment coordinator (teams) - To identify and encourage businesses, organizations and other groups to enter teams into the Walk for Alzheimer’s.
- Community promotions coordinator- To promote the Walk for Alzheimer’s through various means available in the community.
- Poster Distribution- To distribute posters and flyers for the Walk for Alzheimer’s in Barrie and surrounding communities as applicable.
- Entertainment coordinator- To identify entertainers in the community who would be suitable for the Walk for Alzheimer’s. To secure the selected entertainers for Walk Day and provide support as needed.
- Entertainment assistant- To assist the musicians in set up and support their work by running errands.
- Registration- To ensure that each participant is appropriately registered.
- Route Monitor- To ensure that the Walkers stay on course while ensuring the route remains safe and enjoyable
- Refreshment distributor- To serve Refreshments at the Walk for Alzheimer’s.
Last Updated: 04/26/2018