Planning Team Chair
Volunteer Position Description
Date: August 15th, 2016
Position Title: Planning Committee Chair 2017 Walk for Alzheimer’s
Program: Walk for Alzheimer’s
Department: Fund Development
Supervisor's Title: Events Coordinator
Supervisor's Name: Josie Figliuzzi
Position Summary:To oversee the planning of the 2017 Walk for Alzheimer’s. To call and chair the meetings of the Planning Committee. To give direction to the Coordinators and the Planning Committee when needed. To act as official spokesperson for the event.
Responsibilities:1. Collaborate with the Events Coordinator to determine the overall direction of the Planning Committee for the 2017 Walk for Alzheimer’s.
2. Plan, call, prepare the meeting agenda and chair the meetings of the Planning Committee.
3. Oversee the work of the committee members to ensure that all Coordinators are fulfilling their areas of responsibility, professionally and in a timely manner.
4. Provide direction to committee members where necessary.
5. Ensure that minutes of each meeting are recorded and maintained.
6. Ensure that all arrangements are completed for the Walk Day.
7. Fulfil the role of official spokesperson with media, community groups and contacts and
on Walk Day.
Position Specifications:• Excellent verbal communications skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent management skills
• Effective leadership skills
• Professional demeanour
• Attention to detail
• A ‘people person’
• Able to delegate
• Commitment to plan and attend planning meetings
• Comfortable in acting as spokesperson for the 2017 Walk for Alzheimer’s
• Flexible schedule which allows completing some tasks through business hours
• Access to a reliable vehicle
• Committed to the mission of the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County
• Enthusiastic about the annual Walk for Alzheimer’s
Standards:• Conscientious in completing all tasks in a timely manner
• Conscientious in planning the agenda and attending the planning meetings
• Chaired each of the committee meetings effectively and efficiently
• Supported and guided committee members effectively when necessary
• Exercised their role of leadership effectively
• All committee members enjoyed working with the Chair
• Conducted all contacts and transactions to the highest standards
• Attend Orientation Session for new volunteers
Accountability:• To the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County: to represent the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County to the community and to the participating locations in a professional and friendly manner
• To the Planning Committee and the Events Coordinator: to fulfil all responsibilities in a timely and acceptable manner
• To the participants of the Walk, sponsors and donors: Provided effective leadership resulting in an effective and enjoyable event.
Rewards:• Opportunity to work with the other members of the committee and the community to plan a successful event
• Opportunity to get to know the community in relationship to the Alzheimer Society.
• Opportunity to exercise/develop supervisory, management and leadership skills
• Satisfaction of having contributed to the success of the 2017 Walk for Alzheimer’s by assisting with the extensive advertising of the event
Time Commitment:• Monthly Planning Committee meetings beginning November 2016 to May 2017, approximately 1.5 – 2 hours/month
• Preparation of the agenda and meeting notes: approximately 2 hours /month
• Other duties as required November to May: 2 - 4 Hours /month
• Attend the Walk for Alzheimer’s on Sunday, May 28, 2017.
Last Updated: 11/08/2017