Leave a Legacy
What do you want your legacy to be?
Order your FREE Estate Planner and Guide and leave a legacy.
At the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County, we believe completing your Will and Powers of Attorney for Personal Care and Property makes you a Super Hero. Why? Because you are protecting those you care about, your assets and, if you leave a charitable bequest in your Will, supporting the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County in the fight for good!
And did you know that leaving a gift to the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County in your Will can help you leave more to your beneficiaries and pay less tax?
Get started today! Order you free Estate Planner and Guide by submitting our request form or call us at 705-722-1066.
Power of Wills
If you have assets, you need a Will. Why?
- It can save you money by reducing taxes and administration costs.
- It protects those you care about, whether your family or a charity you support.
- You can decide who will be the executor of your Will, who will look after your kids and who will benefit from your lifetime of work.
But are you like over half of Canadians who might not have planned for the final distribution of the assets that took you an entire lifetime to build?
Many people procrastinate writing a Will because they think their family or the government will look after everything for them, or they just “never get around to it.”
But consider the facts:
- More than 50% of Canadians do not have a Will.
- More than 70% of Canadians do not have Powers of Attorney for Personal Care and Property.
- One in 10 Ontarians over the age of 65 is living with dementia.
- Women represent 72% of all Canadians living with Alzheimer’s disease.
When dementia and procrastination team up, they wreak havoc. f mental capacity issues arise, you will not be able to sign legal documents. Court proceedings may be necessary to access a person’s finances or health records. This process can be time-consuming, expensive and stressful.
To learn more about dementia and how you can help
subscribe to our Newsletter today!
Last Updated: 11/08/2017