The number of Ontarians with dementia is expected to increase by 40% in the next decade. The human costs and the costs to our health-care system will be enormous. We really could not do what we do to support people with dementia, and raise money to find a cure, without volunteers. We value your experience, your input, your enthusiasm and the opportunity to work with you. To find out how you can get involved please contact our volunteer department at 519-974-2220 ext. 237 or click here to send an email.
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteers are people like you who want to make a difference in their community. When you become an Alzheimer Society volunteer you have a chance to:
- Help make life better for those living with dementia
- Help improve the quality of community life
- Support a cause that you believe in
- Work with other members of the team to achieve a specific goal
Volunteering also helps you make a difference in your own life. You can:
- Use your professional skills in a new setting
- Meet other people who share your interests and passions
- Learn new skills and discover new talents
- Advance your career or gain experience and qualifications for future employment, scholarships, bursaries and academic programs
- Build your network and establish contacts in your field of interest
- Boost your health and reduce your stress
- Create a schedule that works for you
- Have fun!
Volunteer Application Form
If you would like to apply to become a volunteer, please download and fill in the volunteer application form and submit it to the Alzheimer Society.