Our Christmas Time is Bitter-Sweet (anglais)
A tribute to Joanne Oldham
1. Our Christmas time is bitter-sweet. The rose also has thorns.
We celebrate the gift of love in refugee - new born.
2. Our Christmas time is bitter-sweet. There’s laughter mixed with tears.
There’s pain and grief and yet there’s hope as Love transforms our fears.
3. Our Christmas time is bitter-sweet. Some families unite
While others know division’s hurt, in darkness long for light.
4. Our Christmas time is bitter-sweet; of that we can’t deny,
and yet we hear/sing the carol’s theme; In peace on faith rely.
5. Repeat verse one, optional.
JohnWesley Oldham. Fri. Dec. 20. 2013. 5.50-6 a.m. bedside journal entry, pondering contrasting feelings at Christmas.
© John Oldham 2013
Last Updated: 11/08/2017