Support Group Co-Facilitator
Do you have a ‘heartbeat’ for caregivers? Do you have an understanding of the issues that face care partners? Your compassion for and sensitivity to the needs of caregivers will enhance your facilitation, communication and organizational skills. Monthly meetings with the caregivers in your community will enable you to provide support and education to the caregivers in a safe environment. Training and ongoing support are provided. Facilitators work in teams of two.
- Listen to and support caregivers
- Develop content for support group meetings
- Host/Hostess duties
- Provide basic statistics to the regional Family Support Coordinator
- Compassion for and experience working with people who have dementia and their families
- Good knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias as well as community resources
- Ability to work collaboratively with other volunteers and staff
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable and well-organized
Initial and on-going support is provided.
To book an Interview, contact Volunteer Resources Coordinator at 705-722-1066 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other volunteer Facilitator roles available:
Last Updated: 11/17/2017