Register for the 2021 IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer's today!
Join us during the month of May and Walk Your Way to support families in our community living with dementia!
Given COVID-19, people living with dementia in our community need our help more than ever. We may not be able to come together for an in-person event, but that does not mean we cannot connect online and raise much needed funds and awareness for Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias!
There are currently over 46,000 Albertans and Northwest Territorians living with dementia, and that number is expected to double over the next 10 years. The need for proper support, advocacy, and education is greater than ever, which is why we are aiming to raise $300,000 to increase our capacity to support those touched by dementia in our community. By fundraising for the walk, you are providing vital programs and services that help families face dementia and live life to its fullest.
What’s in Store for 2021?
- Creative walk ideas to get everyone moving in a safe and fun way using the Walk Your Way handbook.
- A virtual closing ceremony broadcast on Sunday, May 30 at 4 p.m. (MDT) where we will share stories from walk participants across the country and celebrate together. Broadcast will be available on our Facebook page.
- Prizes for the top three individual fundraisers across Alberta and the Northwest Territories.
- 1st place: Choice between a BBQ, TV, or iPad (up to $500.00 value)
- 2nd place: Choice between an Apple TV, camper’s bundle, or reader’s bundle (up to $300.00 value)
- 3rd place: $100 gift card to a local restaurant
*Camper’s bundle includes two premium camping chairs and a cooler. Reader’s bundle includes a Kobo e-reader and an Indigo gift card. The specific model and brand of the individual prizes are at the discretion of the Alzheimer Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories.
Get Started Today!
- Register to walk! It is free to participate, but we encourage fundraising if you can!
- Be creative - consider how you can enjoy your walk at home. We have several silly ideas to make it more fun!
- Create some buzz online ahead of time - take a video of yourself walking (or doing something else active that's creative and fun) and share it on social media to help us encourage others to participate. Tag us in your videos (@dementiaab_nt) and use the hashtag #IGWalkForAlz to show your support. Issue a challenge in your video to others in your life to do the same!
- Ask anyone who can to pledge a donation towards your walk.