Host an Anything for Alzheimer’s Event today!
To register, please contact the office either by phone at 519-633-4396 (toll-free: 1-888-565-1111) or through email at [email protected].
What is Anything for Alzheimer’s?
Anything for Alzheimer’s is an annual fundraiser and awareness campaign for the Alzheimer Society. The money raised at the event support local programs and services.
When does it take place?
The campaign runs throughout the fall; however, you can host an Anything for Alzheimer’s any time of the year.
How do I host an Anything for Alzheimer’s fundraiser?
It's easy. You can hold something virtually online or in-person (safely) in your office, at your church, in a local mall, or anywhere you can think of. Host a coffee break, collect pledges for a run, organize a dress-down day, have a luncheon with a local restaurant partner, implement donate-a-dollar at your check-out, or host an online games night with friends and family. It’s a fundraiser your way – be creative and have fun! To get started, contact us to register and receive a host package.
If you would like to have a representative from the Society attend your event, please make sure to let us know!
Why should I host an Anything for Alzheimer’s
When you host an event in your community, you help raise much-needed funds for local programs and services for people with dementia and their caregivers. Your support makes a huge difference in their lives.
Need some new ideas for your Anything for Alzheimer’s fundraiser?
Check out the following tips:
- Partner with another group, business, or organization.
- Ask your friends and co-workers to bring their spare change to your event
- Spread the word! Tell people why you’re having an event
- Share your event on social media.
- Ask a local restaurant or business to donate all or a portion of their coffee, tea or pop sales for the day.
- Choose a day and time when people are already gathering.
- Involve your friends – ask them to help serve, bake or bring another friend.
- Organize a dress-down day at work.
- Create a theme.
- Hold a silent auction.