Alberta Dementia Strategy and Action Plan
On December 21, 2017, we celebrated the release of Alberta’s Dementia Strategy and Action Plan (ADSAP). The Plan is in two parts – the Strategy, containing four high level outcomes and three “enablers” for success, and the Actions attached to each outcome and enabler.
The Alzheimer Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories was a key participant in the development of the Strategy and Action Plan and is leading some of its actions.
Here is how we are supporting the ADSAP:
- Expanding dementia support to rural and remote communities through tailored initiatives
- Promoting ‘dementia-inclusive’ communities
- Developing and piloting a dementia awareness program for Alberta employers
- Advocating to reduce stigma and discrimination associated with a dementia diagnosis
- Promoting education and raising awareness about dementia
- Providing strategies to reduce the risk of dementia
- Leading a brain health awareness campaign (on social media)
The Alberta Dementia Strategy and Action Plan: Progress Report provides details of specific initiatives, achievements and stories of impact.