Reporting to the Director, Annual Giving, the Monthly Giving & Stewardship Intern is primarily responsible for growing monthly donor program initiatives and fundraising objectives. The incumbent main duties will include donor growth and retention efforts by supporting the evolution and implementation of an established donor recognition and stewardship program for Alzheimer Society of Canada. As a key member of the Fund Development team, this role works collaboratively and strategically with multiple teams (Communication and Marketing, Research, etc.) to ensure the delivery of consistent and meaningful recognition, donor communications/reports, and touch point and relationship initiatives that foster positive long-term donor relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor, evaluate, analyze the Monthly Giving program plan to ensure revenue targets are met.
- Develop and implement new tactics for expanding the Monthly Giving program such as: implement and deliver additional ask strategies for different segments of monthly donors, including preparing scripts, collateral and supplementary materials for conversions, renewals and upgrades.
- Manage and implement stewardship activities for monthly donors, including gift acknowledgment, accountability/reporting and stewardship.
- Develops and nurtures relationships with current donors and partners and coordinates customized touch points (e.g. personalizing mail-outs and thank you notes).
- Work collaboratively with the Annual Giving team to develop and test strategies for retaining and reactivating donors.
- Respond to donor calls, ensuring the accuracy of contact information and records, reprocessing donations and supporting the Donor Services team as necessary.
- Maintains donor record database (Raiser’s Edge) by ensuring appropriate coding and reporting for donations is input and maintained, including stewardship and donor recognition program information. Ensures the confidentiality of donor and other fundraising information.
- Works closely with Donor Relations team to ensure timely acknowledgement and receipting.
- Works with Development team to prepare correspondence, stewardship reports and other materials – evaluates current monthly stewardship process and suggests new and efficient way to retain monthly donors
- Ensures appropriate donor relations, including acknowledgement letters and other correspondence, newsletters, special mailings, telephone and in-person contact are initiated and delivered.
- Assists the Development team in all aspects of monthly digital activities
- Works closely with all staff to create, discuss and develop cultivation and stewardship initiatives for AS
- Assigns/ensures execution of segmented donor stewardship plans.
- Track stewardship activities in Raiser’s Edge.
- Oversees thank you call program, liaising with staff and volunteers as appropriate to ensure donors are thanked in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Prepare reports on historical monthly donor retention, evaluates and proposes new and improved methods to retain donors or acquire new.
- When required, participates in other department activities assisting other team members in their duties, including direct mail and digital.
- Post-secondary education (degree/diploma) in related field (fundraising)
- A minimum of 2 years related and progressive non-profit fundraising experience
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Solid understanding of the principles and function of donor relations, ethical fundraising principles and best practices, donor cycle strategies, and marketing and communication practices.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and donors and stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficiency in English grammar, spelling and punctuation is vital, including the ability to compose simple, clear, concise correspondence and reports, and also draft more complex correspondence as required. Additional languages are an asset.
- Excellent telephone skills, including warm manner and clear speech.
- Demonstrated ability to be a collaborative team player and establish and maintain positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- A high degree of initiative, resourcefulness, creativity and thoughtfulness in the decision-making process.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; must have the ability to meet assigned objectives by adapting and modifying the sequence of work, methods and standards to meet changing conditions.
- Ability to exercise a high level of tact and discretion in both internal and external interactions is crucial.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database. Experience in online survey tools and use of social media in donor stewardship.
- High integrity; creativity; balance, good judgment and objectivity; high vision and conceptual capabilities; consultative, facilitate and collaborative; sense of humor.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrates flexibility that allows you to work with high energy, creative people.
- Able to thrive and effectively manage priorities in a changing, ambiguous environment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Please include the ‘Job Title’ in the subject line.
Closing Date: December 2, 2020
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.