How would you respond?
Naresh is a long-standing employee. He has been uncharacteristically abrupt with customers and co-workers several times over the last couple of months. Normally very reliable, he has begun to miss important deadlines. The quality of his work has begun to slip.
There may be a number of underlying reasons for this change in behaviour. One possibility is dementia.
An employee with dementia may exhibit one or more of these signs:
- Difficulty with routine tasks
- Repeatedly asking the same questions
- Getting lost or confused in familiar environments
- Displaying poor or decreased judgement
- Unable to follow directions
- Showing changes in mood, behaviour and personality
- Difficulty with abstract thinking
- Displaying loss of initiative