The Federation of Quebec Alzheimer Societies is proud to offer the 20 Alzheimer Societies of Quebec a new education program for healthcare and social care professionals, or anyone else working with people affected by Alzheimer’s disease.
- Dispel myths and stigma associated with Alzheimer's disease
- Learn the warning signs, risk factors and causes of Alzheimer's disease
- Develop a human and professional intervention with people with Alzheimer's disease
- Allow participants to know the philosophy of intervention within the Quebec Alzheimer movement and try to implement these principles.
- Identify the most common myths surrounding Alzheimer's disease to better understand the reality
- Understand the diagnosis, the different stages of cognitive decline and the available drug based and non-pharmacological treatment options.
The education program is flexible in order to meet individual needs. Several courses are available:
30 HOURS COURSE
A person centered approach intervention
6 hours on understanding the disease
9 hours on communication strategies and cognitive stimulation
9 hours on managing behaviours
6 hours on ethical behaviour and caregivers
12 HOURS COURSE
How to help people with Alzheimer’s disease on a daily basis
9 HOURS COURSE
How to help people with Alzheimer’s disease on a daily basis - Advanced
Intervention with people with disturbing behaviour:
Module A: Events and triggers
Module B: How to use observation tools
Module C: Intervention strategies and medication
6 HOURS COURSE
How to have meaningful interaction with people living with Alzheimer’s disease
15 HOURS COURSE FOR LONG TERM CARE MANAGERS
Module 1: How to manage a long term care facility by adopting a person centered approach
Module 2: Managing behaviour
Module 3: Environment organisation
Module 4: Staff selection and supervision
Module 5: Ensure staff retention and preventing burnout
For more information and to register for the various courses, please contact Nouha Ben Gaied, Director research and development, or by phone at 514 360-7891 ext. 223.