First Link Support Counsellor
1 – Full Time Contract (16 month September 2019 – Jan 2021)
The First Link program is designed to promote early access and support for individuals who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias (ADOD). The program also links their families and/or care partners to community supports, thereby enhancing their capacity to assist the individual with ADOD to remain in their own home for as long as possible. The Support Counsellor provides supportive counselling, education and referrals for persons with dementia and their care partners across Grey-Bruce. The counsellor will refer and liaise with other health care professionals to support clients. Please indicate if you would be interested in full time permanent, full time contract or either.
- MSW preferred; BSW, University degree in Nursing, Gerontology or a related health sciences degree considered.
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or related college
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with persons with dementia and their care partners
- Comprehensive knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Training in P.I.E.C.E.S., U-First, and GPA an asset
- Experience facilitating support groups
- Knowledge of relevant community resources.
- Ability to work independently and as a cooperative team member
- Exceptional communication, organization and time management skills
- A current valid driver’s license with no restrictions and use of a reliable personal vehicle
Salary to be negotiated
Application deadline: July 24, 2019
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Stephen Musehl, Executive Director
753 2nd Ave East, Owen Sound, ON, N4K 2G9
Email – [email protected]
The Society thanks all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted