Accommodating employed caregivers
You may have employees caring for a family member or friend with dementia. It is important to support these employed caregivers, who may experience high stress and decreased work productivity.
To accommodate employed caregivers:
- Provide flexibility in his work schedule, including:
- Working part-time
- Allowing work via phone or web
- Evaluate her based on performance, not time spent at work.
- Provide employee assistance programs.
- Outline how time off will affect compensation.
- Listen and understand her situation.
- Understand your legal obligations.