Education for the person with dementia
Learning the Ropes for Mild Cognitive ImpairmentTM
6 sessions for people with mild cognitive impairment and their care partners - topics covered:
- Education about MCI and lifestyle factors for promoting cognitive health and reducing risk of dementia
- Memory training involving practical strategies aimed at improving everyday remembering
- Family support focused on discovering approaches for effectively living with a relative experiencing MCI
First Steps: Living Well with Memory Loss
4 sessions for people with dementia and their care partners - topics Covered:
- Understanding the diagnosis of Dementia
- Adapting to Brain Changes
- Planning Ahead
- Building a Circle of Support
Taking Control of Our Lives
This 8 part series is for individuals diagnosed with a dementia. It is intended to help develop skills, increase confidence and help to feel empowered to take control of your life -topics covered:
- Participants will have an opportunity to share their ideas out loud with others, to work through them and understand more about what they need and want.
- This is also a great time to hear ideas from others who have experiences that are similar to or different from their own.
You must pre-register by contacting the office at 519-376-7230.