Dementia Friendly Communities™
Join us in building Dementia Friendly Communities™ in Hastings—Prince Edward!
Over 564,000 Canadians live with dementia and in less than 15 years, that number will double. One in 10 people over 65 have some form of dementia. In Hastings—Prince Edward, over 3,600 community members live with dementia and the number is expected to grow to 4,300 in the next five years. Many more are caregivers to persons living with dementia.
To meet this challenge, the Alzheimer’s Society of Hastings Prince Edward invites municipalities, community organizations and businesses to join our Dementia Friendly Communities™ initiative. Together we can:
- Promote understanding and awareness of Alzheimer’s and dementias
- Help people with dementia feel safe and supported in their home communities
- Equip businesses and services to meet the needs of individuals living with memory loss through excellence in customer service
- Increase the skills and confidence of front line and supervisory staff working in tourism, food service, recreation, retail, financial and other services when engaging with individuals with dementia and their caregivers
- Identify and promote businesses and organizations that welcome individuals with dementia and their caregivers
Let’s work together! We offer free workshops and coaching for businesses and community organizations, tailored to meet your unique needs.
To book a free training or for more info, contact:
p: 613 962 0892 or 613 476 2085