IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer's
Be part of Canada’s biggest fundraiser for Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Come walk with us on Sunday, May 26, 2019! When you participate in the IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer's, you join thousands of New Brunswickers who want to see a world without Alzheimer’s disease. When you walk, you send a message of hope. When you fundraise, you help ensure there will always be support available for those who need it.
REGISTER AS A WALKER OR AS A TEAM
Our current 2019 Walk locations are:
Fredericton – Woodstock – Moncton – Saint John
Bathurst – Miramichi – Edmundston – Tracadie
Rexton – Grand Manan – Doaktown – Oromocto
Sackville – St Andrews – St George
Don’t See a Walk Near You? Create your own! Our NEW “Walk in a Box” makes it easy.
Walk in a Box allows people who are unable to attend one of our provincially-organized Walks to manage and run their own event, on their own time, in a location that works for them. This Do It Yourself (DIY) Walk kit includes helpful items such as a coordinator's handbook, promotional signage, balloons, pledge sheets, and signage to carry along your Walk. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to order yours today!
Why This Walk Is Especially Important in New Brunswick
The Alzheimer Society of New Brunswick provides many invaluable services to New Brunswickers living with dementia, and to the many people who care for them. The number of people affected by dementia is steadily increasing, as is the demand for programs, research and education across the province.
- The likelihood of a person developing Alzheimer’s and other dementias increases with age. New Brunswick has one of the largest percentage of people in the country who are age 65 and older.
- 15,000+ New Brunswickers are currently living with Alzheimer’s disease or another type of dementia.
- 14% of News Brunswickers affected by dementia are below the age of 65, so supporting those with early onset Alzheimer’s is also important.
How can we continue to fund vital programs and services for people affected by dementia across the province?
We can’t do it alone.
Last year, your contribution helped the Alzheimer Society of New Brunswick contribute $78,520 to research, deliver 26 monthly programs in to 19 communities throughout the province, and offer direct support to over 1300 New Brunswick families and caregivers. Please continue to show your support.
How Else Can You Help?
If you are unable to attend a Walk, there are still many ways you can help!
- Encourage others to register for the Walk
- Sponsor a Walker
- Make a donation to a Walk nearest you
- Host a fundraising event and donate the proceeds
- Like us on social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and share our posts
- Get your business involved: promote our Walk on your website or in your email signature, email coworkers or organize a raffle
- Volunteer on a committee: enthusiastic volunteers are a big part of making our Walk a success!