IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer's
Be part of Canada’s biggest fundraiser for Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
On Sunday, May 31, 2020, we will be hosting the 16th annual IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer’s in New Brunswick, and for the first time we will be going virtual!
The emergence of COVID-19 and the importance of physical distancing has prompted us to think differently about the IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer’s. The safety of our clients, staff, volunteers and supporters is our number one priority. It is with this in mind that we have decided to move this event ONLINE so that we can still come together in spirit in a sign of solidarity and hope for those living with dementia!
How Can You Get Involved?
Tune in to our live feed May 31st to come together with Canadians from coast to coast.
There are many ways to participate! Here are some ideas on how you can raise funds for the WALK ONLINE:
- Follow your Fitbit, smartphone, or smartwatch step tracker. Log your steps and challenge friends to match your mark using social media.
- Do the funniest Monty Python-esque walk around your home, and challenge your friends to top it.
- Do a funky dance in your home, then share it as a video online on IG, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
- Challenge your friends to who can climb the most stairs.
- Your dog can help fundraise, too! Take it out for extra walks.
- Record personal expressions of support and pledge your support online.
Be sure to follow us on social media for more ideas and to learn how others are walking online. You can even share your ideas and story with us!
How Else Can You Help?
If you are unable to fundraise, there are still many ways you can help!
- Encourage others to register for the Walk
- Sponsor a Walker
- Make a donation to a Walk nearest you
- Like us on social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and share our posts
- Get your business involved: promote our Walk on your website or in your email signature, email coworkers or organize a raffle
Why This Walk is Especially Important
There are an estimated 15,000 New Brunswickers living with dementia, 14% of whom are below the age of 65. They need our support now more than ever. Dementia can be an isolating disease. While physical distancing is much needed, it can cause people with dementia to feel even more lonely and isolated.
The Alzheimer Society of NB continues to provide much needed services and offer virtual programs to a growing number of people affected by dementia. As this number increases, so does the demand for programs, research and education across the province.
Register today for the IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer's Online and join thousands of Canadians from coast to coast who want to see a world without Alzheimer’s disease. When you walk, you send a message of hope. When you fundraise, you help ensure there will always be support available for those who need it.