Snapshot of Niagara
- Niagara has one of the largest senior populations per capita in Canada; in 2016 approx. 9,640 people in Niagara have a dementia. By 2026, this number is expected to increase by 30%.
- At any given time, we provide personalized support and education to approximately 750 families within the community and in their home environment.
- We provide education to over 5,600 individuals annually within the Niagara Region ― including people with dementia, families, and community partners ― with an emphasis on capacity building.
- All of our clients have access to home-based services, clinical expertise, and opportunities for socialization and community engagement through ASNR.
- 29% of seniors over 65 in the Hamilton Halton Niagara Brant (HNHB) Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) live alone
- 18.4% of the population in the HNHB LHIN is over 65, compared to the provincial average of 16.1%