Respite services are available - please call the Alzheimer Society at 905-687-3914 to discuss eligibility.
Staying Connected provides care partners a bi-monthly opportunity to connect through workshops, guest speakers and special events.
Scheduled events will align with the interests of the group and may include:
- Social events
- Guest speakers
- Opportunities to build connections
- January 29, 2020: Travel Tips & Virtual Travel Experience: Tofino, British Columbia with Jessica Pace, Education Coordinator, 10:00 am - 12:00 noon.
Navigating Your Journey
Navigating Your Journey: Options for Care is a brand new workshop focused on giving participants the opportunity to explore the care options that support persons living with dementia in the moderate to late stages of their journey. All sessions are held at the Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region office.
Join us as we explore:
- Choosing the right level of care: aging at home, retirement or Long-term care
- Learn the process around Long-term care application
- Explore options for discussing the Long-term care move
- Explore moving day strategies
- Learn about the resources to navigate transition to alternate levels of care
- February 12, 2020, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- May 13, 2020, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- August 12, 2020, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- November 11, 2020, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm