The Alzheimer Society of Newfoundland and Labrador offers Support Groups for Caregivers that can improve your quality of life. These groups provide a safe environment where you can learn, laugh and help each other through mutual understanding.
Caregiver Support Groups
For those caring for someone with the disease – spouses, family or friends – a Caregiver Support Group offers the chance to:
- Exchange information and friendship with others affected by dementia
- Access the most current information
- Learn and share practical tips for coping with change
- Decrease feelings of loneliness and isolation
- Express feelings and be reassured that these feelings are normal
- Find a sense of hope
Caregiver Support Groups are available throughout the province. Communities with meeting locations are provided below. If you do not live near one of these communities, please still contact us. You can attend our support group in Mount Pearl over the phone or in person. Please check our events calendar to see date and times of Family Support Groups in specific locations.
Bay St. George
New Wes Valley
Are you looking to start a support group or become a support group facilitator?