Wills and other important documents
Do you really need a Will?
Yes! Here are 7 reasons why:
- Humans are mortal. Let’s face it: we’re not getting any younger. So why not make sure that the assets you worked so hard to accumulate go where you want them to go.
- Life happens. You already have a Will? If you’ve gotten divorced or remarried, if you’ve already given away an asset you were planning to donate, or if you no longer need guardians, you’ll need to make changes to your Will.
- You have more to leave than you think. Personal items often have great value, whether sentimental or financial. Write these items into your Will and make sure they go to the person who will appreciate them most.
- Plan…for your living. A living Will details your personal wishes regarding medical treatment if you are unable to make decisions.
- 1 in 10 seniors have dementia. Did you know that a person must have mental capacity to sign legal documents? No need for rushed decisions; capacity doesn't have to be perfect. But if you or someone you know is living with dementia, now is the time to get your affairs in order.
- Minimize expense. To help you prepare a legally sound Will, you need to work with a professional. Help minimize the legal fees by being well prepared.
- Because you say so! If you die without a Will, the Ontario government will decide how your assets will be divided—not you. Want greater control of your assets? Make a Will.
We can help
We know that life is often unpredictable, which is why it's important to plan for the future now. To help you plan for the future, we have created an Estate Planner and Guide that you can order free of charge!
Get started on making your Will and order your free resources today at www.alzsuperhero.ca