Coffee Break for Businesses
Host a Coffee Break® at your place of work to help those living with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias
|Your Coffee Break can be as simple as our traditional Coffee Break of brewing a pot of coffee at work or any other setting, and give those involved an opportunity to make a donation.|
Rob and Pat Van De Cappelle each held a Coffee Break at their place of work. Read about their Coffee Break experience.
Some workplace Coffee Breaksuggestions
- Host an office "dress down" day by donation
- Consider our "Donate a Buck" fundraiser,
- Ask your patrons or colleagues to donate a Loonie or Toonie, write their name on our cut-out coffee cup, and post them in a visible location
- Download our Registration Form here and return it to us.
- Host a bake sale at work
- Host a lunchtime pizza party with food by donation
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Contact the Alzheimer Society of Oxford for more information or to help plan your Coffee Break fundraiser.
- Call Cathy at 519-421-2466 or 1-887-594-2368 ext. 224, email firstname.lastname@example.org or register online. We will make sure you receive all the information and materials you need to make this a fun, achievable and unique experience. We can also provide personalized posters and invitations (e-mail or hardcopy) for your event.
- Promote Your Coffee Break
- Whether you are hosting an event, or asking patrons to "Donate a Buck", reach out to your networks to let them know how and when they can donate. Remember to send us photos of your event so that we can help promote your event on our social media accounts!
- Return the kit with donations.
- We will ensure you and your guests receive the appropriate tax receipts.
5 Reasons to host a Coffee Break at your workplace
1. Giving back is as easy as sharing a coffee with your colleagues.
A Coffee Break is an easy way to step up your charitable involvement at work. Your Coffee Breakcan be as big or as small as you want. What could be easier?
2. Boost your workplace morale.
Step outside your job and challenge your boundaries! You'll find that your morale is the first reward. Contributing to charitable giving can help keep people engaged in their work, and allows them to build skill outside their roles.
3. Develop a great team building initiative.
Caught in the workplace doldrums? Hosting a Coffee Break will challenge your team to collaborate in new and unexpected ways! Whether it's finding sponsors, turning your Coffee Break into a bake sale, or setting competitive fundraising goals, a Coffee Break will put the "fun" in fundraising and unite your workplace in a common goal.
4. Help support those in our community living with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
Alzheimer Societies across Canada are there when you need them. Individual or group support, education and caregiver relief are just some of the important, community-enriching services that would not exist without your help.
5. Raise awareness.
An estimated 564,000 Canadians are living with dementia, and by 2031, this number will nearly double. Hosting a Coffee Break can help spread the word that the Alzheimer Society of Oxford is here to help those living with the Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, their family and friends, and caregivers.