Become a host

Host a Coffee Break® at your church, service club or in your own home and help those living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias

Last year, Trinity UCW, Ingersoll hosted their annual Coffee Break. This is what Phyllis Milne had to say:

“We enjoy hosting a Coffee Break every September. It doesn’t require much work and we advertise it in the church bulletin. This year we are having a speaker from the Society at our Coffee Break.”

Register 

Or contact us at 519-421-2466 or 1-887-594-2368, or email info@alzheimer.oxford.on.ca for more information or to help plan your Coffee Break fundraiser.

Make it as simple or as elaborate as you choose!

Coffee Alzheimer Style  Your Coffee Break can be as simple as our traditional Coffee Break of brewing a pot of coffee at home, church, or any other setting, and give those involved an opportunity to make a donation.
 

Did you know?

With over 2000 residence in Oxford County living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Last year, we served 720 clients with the diagnosis and their family members with a total of 3461 visits and 419 group meetings. We also provided education and training to over 3,500 individuals during 235 presentations.  The government provides us with 62% of our budget but the remaining 38% comes from our fundraising and donations. We Need Your Help to raise our 2017 Goal of $34,000.00.

When you host a Coffee Break, you send a message of hope to those living with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.

Coffee Break 2015Coffee Break 2015

Make it unique to your lifestyle so that it’s fun, easy and entertaining!

This might include:
  • A morning or afternoon tea and cookies with neighbours
  • Make your own Sundae bar with co-workers
  • A wine and cheese party 
  • A games night with family
  • A cake and coffee break during a book club meeting
  • A Halloween Party with friends
  • A campfire with s’mores and hot chocolate

The list and possibilities of how to do Coffee Breaks is endless.

Coffee Break 2015Coffee Break 2015

The ways you can host a Coffee Break are many, choose what works for you!

Send an invitation letting your friends, family and guests know about your Coffee Break fundraiser, set out our donation box and personalized poster of why the Alzheimer Society of Oxford is important to you and let your guests choose their response. No “ask” is required and no donation is too small.

Last year, Valerie Easton hosted her annual Coffee Break. This is what she had to say:

“I love having my ‘Alzheimer’s Party’. It is part of my autumn traditions and I think it has become a tradition for my friends as well. It reminds me what fine, generous people my friends are!”

It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!

  1. Contact us for more information or to receive a Coffee Break host kit.
    • Call us at 519-421-2466 or 1-887-594-2368, email cathy@alzheimer.oxford.on.ca or register online. We will make sure you receive a host kit with all the information and materials you need to make this a fun, achievable and unique experience. We can also provide personalized posters and invitations (e-mail or hardcopy) for your event.
  2. Promote, Invite & Host Your Coffee Break
    • Make it as simple or as elaborate as you wish.
  3. Return the kit with donations.
    • We will ensure you and your guests receive the appropriate tax receipts.

Whether simple or elaborate, your Coffee Break will truly make a difference in the lives of those affected by Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.

Together, we can “make your coffee count!” so there is Help for Today. Hope for Tomorrow…®


Register


Last Updated: 11/08/2017