Why I Volunteer: Meet Ian
1. Of all the places in Oxford County, why did you choose to volunteer with the Alzheimer Society of Oxford?
During one of my internet searches I happened upon the Alzheimer Society website. At that time a person with computer/clerical skills was required as a volunteer in the office. I met the criteria; the rest is history.
2. How long have you been a volunteer with the Alzheimer Society of Oxford?Over five years.
3. What volunteer positions are you currently involved with at the Alzheimer Society of Oxford?Web-based Free Advertising Assistant.
4. What is your most memorable moment from volunteering with the Alzheimer Society of Oxford?Receiving my certificate, which acknowledged my volunteerism with the Society.
5. What impact has volunteering at the Alzheimer Society of Oxford had on you?Since I promote events pertaining to ASOX I am informed and will engage with people, encouraging them to participate.
6. Is there anything you would like to say to encourage others to volunteer for the Alzheimer Society of Oxford?Volunteering can provide a healthy boost to your self-confidence, self-esteem, and life satisfaction. You are doing good for others and the community, which provides a natural sense of accomplishment. Your role as a volunteer can also give you a sense of pride and identity – remember as a volunteer you are appreciated, much more than you may realize.