The Alzheimer Society of Oxford is here for you! We have created this Social Recreation Page to help you stay virtually connected through stimulating activities. There are two menus below, with tabs that you can click on to reveal different activities. The Activity Ideas menu under the yellow puzzle piece contains activity suggestions that are grouped by interest or category. The Weekly Schedule menu underneath the green calendar has a different tab for each day of the week, with activity ideas for that specific day. We will be updating the schedule on a weekly basis, so there will be a list of fresh ideas each week for you to try! Click on the tabs below to expand your options. We hope these activities keep you positively engaged as we are physically distancing ourselves.
- Brain Games
- Arts & Crafts
Arts & Crafts
- Create Your Own Button Tree
- Colouring Page: Flowers & Leave
- Colouring Page: Stained Glass
- Colouring Page: Elegant Peacock
- Whimsical mixed-media tulips will make your walls dance
- Fitness & Exercise
Fitness & Exercise
- Easy Tai Chi by Don Fiore
- Seated Yoga with Jennifer
- Beginners Guide to Meditation
- 25 Minute Chair Exercises from HASfit
- Standing or Sitting Exercises with Jennifer
Note: When you participate virtually in the fitness portion of Minds in Motion, please take care to create a clutter-free and safe environment & make sure you have proper footwear. Please only participate as much as your body feels comfortable – this program is intended to gently move your body – so don’t push yourself beyond what feels okay.
- Anita's Virtual Socials
Anita's Virtual Socials
Anita’s Virtual Socials is only accessible if you are a person with dementia and their caregiver and are currently a part of “Anita’s Socials.” Please email Anita at [email protected] if you would like to participate in this monthly program.
- Tech Support
Weekly Activity Schedule
- Have your morning coffee and read today’s Daily Chronicle.
- Join us live on Zoom at 10 am for the Together Apart Club - live exercises with Jenny Jenn. Join here.
- Art: Vintage Car Colouring Page
- Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone
- Recipe: Diabetic Friendly Zesty Tuna Salad
- Join us live at 2 pm for an interactive experience through Music Therapy with Dave from Miya Music Therapy. Join here.
- Pick your favourite activities from the week, or any that you missed! Come back on Monday for a new set of activities.
Did you miss a week of our new Weekly Activity Schedule? Is there an activity you enjoyed so much that you want to do it again? You’re in the right place! Click here for an archive of all previous Activity Schedule weeks for you to revisit.
View our Weekly E-Newsletter Archive for more activities, education opportunities, and news worth celebrating!
Our office is now CLOSED until further notice. While our office is closed, we will continue to provide supportive services in other ways. You can contact your Family Support Worker by email or at 1-877-594-2368.
We are also accepting new clients. If you would like support, please contact our intake Family Support Worker, Jamie O’Leary at 1-877-594-2368 or email [email protected]