You want to make a difference in your community. You want to:
- Help others
- Learn about Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Support a cause that you believe in
- Meet new people who share your interests and passions
- Be challenged
- Work with other members of a team to achieve a specific goal
- Use your professional skills in a new setting
- Learn new skills
- Discover new talents
- Advance your career
- Gain experience
- Boost your health and reduce your stress
- Create a schedule that works for you
Volunteers are important to the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County. Whether you have just a few hours to give or you want to get involved on a regular basis, there are a number of ways you can help.
We will work with you to determine a volunteer opportunity that is best suited to you, your skills and your goals. We provide training and ongoing support for all volunteer positions. New volunteers receive a New Volunteer Information Package which contains: Volunteers Make a Difference, Volunteer Orientation Manual, Brochures about Alzheimer’s disease and a copy of the most recent Annual Report of the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County.
Our application process involves:
- Submitting an application,
- Participating in an interview,
- Submitting two (2) references. A reference may NOT be a family member.
- Volunteer positions in which volunteers work directly with clients, require a Vulnerable Persons Check. You will be advised if a Vulnerable Persons Check is required.
- Participating in an Orientation Session.
Interested in volunteering? Download and complete the Volunteer Application form. We will contact you to arrange an Interview.
Mail: Box 1414, Barrie ON L4M 5R4