Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Coordinator will provide personal administrative support and assistance to the Executive Director, President, Board and others as required. The Office Coordinator is responsible on a daily basis for ensuring the smooth operation of the office and administrative functions. Some responsibilities will include, but not limited to, office administration, including human resources and payroll functions, providing executive support by managing and maintaining executive’s schedules, appointments and travel arrangements.
The Office Coordinator will arrange and coordinate meetings and events for the Executive Director and Board of Directors, record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings, monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications, answer and manage incoming calls, receive and interact with incoming visitors, manage policies and procedures of the Society, and provide accounting and bookkeeping assistance.
The candidate shall have:
- Post-secondary school diploma or degree, or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years progressive and high level support experience to effectively manage multiple and constantly changing priorities.
- Very strong Microsoft Office, accounting software and computer skills
- Solid knowledge of accounting; bookkeeping experience is an asset
- Experience managing human resources tasks and responsibilities is required
- Neat, organized, able to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills, with the ability to analyze, problem solve, prioritize and make decisions
- Strong governance knowledge, experience with event coordination along with information gathering and monitoring skills
- Display initiative, confidentiality and exercising discretion is essential for success
- Experience working within a non-profit organization is an asset
- Familiarity with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias is an asset
For Full Job Description, CLICK HERE
Please send your resume/cover letter, in confidence, by 4:30 pm Monday, December 10, 2018 to:
Lucy Black, Executive Director
Alzheimer Society of Thunder Bay
180 Park Avenue, Suite 310
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6J4