Raise Your Voice, Narrow the Gap
- Assign targeted funding for community supports
- Provide for more staff in long-term care with specific skills to support people with dementia
- Establish a fair and standard wait time for long-term care
Raise your voice by completing the e-mail letter to your local MPP here.
Local Awareness Efforts
For a full overview of Bob and his family's dementia journey, please click here.
Still Alice Screenings in Thunder Bay
The Alzheimer Society of Thunder Bay has obtained a 5-year Public Performance Showing Rights from Criterion Pictures, for the film Still Alice. We are always looking to increase awareness of Alzheimer's disease, and this beautiful film has been the starting point for many discussions. If you'd like to host a screening, find out more.
Blue Umbrella Project
As a business/organization in Thunder Bay, you have a unique opportunity to be part of the pilot phase of this project at no charge to you. Participating in the Dementia-Friendly Community education program is an excellent opportunity for your business to provide a higher quality service to new and existing customers. By participating in the program you will encourage people living with dementia and their family members and friends to choose you.
- The education training program for businesses is one hour long, and additional handouts and resources are provided for staff (see reverse for program details).
- The Dementia-Friendly Community education program will help people with dementia to feel safe, to be supported in their independence, and to have a positive experience in the community.
- Businesses that participate and complete the program can proudly display a blue umbrella decal identifying them as a partner who provides a dementia-friendly experience, and will have the opportunity to be named in our dementia-friendly directory of businesses and organizations.
To learn more about the Blue Umbrella Project, please click here.
Note: The Blue Umbrella Project has been placed on hold until further funding is made available.