The Alzheimer Society of Timmins-Porcupine District provides a variety of programs and services to the Cochrane and Temiskaming districts.
First Link® provides the following:
- Care Coordination: linking patient and family members to community services for non-medical management from the point of diagnosis and throughout the continuum of the disease
- Organizing and coordinating dementia education training sessions: for family physicians as given by physician experts; for allied health professionals through collaboration with our community partners; for patients and family members through the Alzheimer Society of Timmins-Porcupine District
- Providing active follow-up and monitoring of patients and their family caregivers to assist in reducing the number of patient crises and overall help to improve their quality of life
- Maintaining statistics and evaluating patient and family caregiver outcomes.
First Link Resources
- First Link Referral Form
- Throwing a Lifeline
- First Link Report 2019
- First Link Care Navigation makes a difference – click here to read the 2018-19 First Link Evaluation Report
- Ready, Set, Plan – for Care Partner Absence: We all need to plan ahead. There may be a time that someone else may suddenly need to help care for the person living with dementia. If and when this happens, filling out the information in the form and keeping it updated with any changes, will help.
Contact our First Link Coordinator
First Link® Learning Series
Join us for the First Link® Learning Series! Dates are still being determined, so check back on this page later or call the office.
Sessions are free of charge, but pre-registration is necessary. Contact our First Link Coordinator at [email protected]