What is a Client and Caregiver Advisor
The role of a Client and Caregiver Advisor is to work in partnership with the Alzheimer Society of Grey-Bruce to create a truly client, caregiver, and family centered care environment and experience. Client, caregiver, and family centered care is an approach to the planning, delivery and evaluation of The Alzheimer Society of Grey Bruce programs, services and fundraising that is grounded in mutually beneficial partnerships among clients, caregivers, families and health care providers.
Client and Caregiver Advisors provide important perspectives and have a direct impact across a wide range of programs, services and policies to improve the experience of care.
Client and Caregiver Advisors participate in ways that best match their interest, experience and availability.
Varies with projects and programs – approximately two to four hours per month. At this time, all meetings will be done through zoom and phone.
Who can be a Client and Caregiver Advisor?
You can be a Client and Caregiver Advisor if you or a family member has received support from the Alzheimer Society of Grey-Bruce in the past two years. You do not need any special qualifications to be an advisor. Your experience as a client, caregiver, or family member of a client, is what is most important. We will provide you with any other training you may need.
Qualities of a Client and Caregiver Advisor
- Ability to share insights and information about their experiences to help evolve programs, services and priorities
- Ability to be an active listener
- Respect for other people’s opinions and perspectives
- Shares thoughts and opinions in a group setting
- Shares insights and information about their experiences
- Interacts well in group settings
- Possesses a positive approach to problem solving and a desire to find solutions
- Able to dedicate a minimum of four hours per month to volunteering
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and organizational information
Becoming a Client and Caregiver Advisor
To become an Alzheimer Society of Grey-Bruce Client and Caregiver Advisor, you must fill out and submit a Volunteer Application Form, which you can access here. Once you have submitted your application, an Alzheimer Society of Grey-Bruce staff member will contact you for an interview.
If you have any questions related to the application, please contact:
Alzheimer Society of Grey Bruce Volunteer Coordinator, Jennifer Isber-Legge
(519) 376-7230, Ext. 1122