We value your experience, your input, your enthusiasm and the opportunity to work with you. To find out how you can get involved, please contact Shannon Van Watteghem at 519-974-2220 ext. 237 or send an email to [email protected]
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteers are people like you who want to make a difference in their community. When you become an Alzheimer Society volunteer you have a chance to:
- Help make life better for those living with dementia
- Help improve the quality of community life
- Support a cause that you believe in
- Work with other members of the team to achieve a specific goal
Volunteering also helps you make a difference in your own life.
- Use your professional skills in a new setting
- Meet other people who share your interests and passions
- Learn new skills and discover new talents
- Advance your career or gain experience and qualifications for future employment, scholarships, bursaries and academic programs
- Build your network and establish contacts in your field of interest
- Boost your health and reduce your stress
- Create a schedule that works for you
- Have fun!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering your time and skills with the Alzheimer Society of Windsor & Essex County. Please see the below descriptions of volunteer opportunities and apply filling out our Application Form.
Volunteer Board Directors and Standing Committee Members-At-Large
If you are interested and would like more information on becoming a Board Director or member-at-large on one of the Board's standing committees (Finance & Services. Nominating & Governance, Community Advisory Council), please contact Shannon Van Watteghem at 519-974-2220 ext. 237 or send an email to [email protected]