For more information on the Minds in Motion program, please contact Jessica at 1-866-950-5465 ext. 109.
Please contact your local Alzheimer Society office for more details on an in-person program nearest you.
Do you organize programs at your local recreation or seniors’ centre? Are you interested in adding this program to your location? Please contact Jessica at 1-866-950-5465 ext.109.
What is Minds in Motion®?
Minds in Motion is a program designed for people with early to mid-stage Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia to enjoy with a friend, family member or care partner. The program combines physical activity and mental stimulation in a social environment.
At Minds in Motion® you will...
- Stay physically active
- Meet and socialize with others living with dementia and care partners
- Get involved in activities such as board or word games, bingo, and other cognitive games
- Have access to information about dementia and support, as needed
Minds in Motion® - Virtual Program
Minds in Motion is designed for people with early to mid-stage symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia. Symptoms may include memory loss, confusion, communication difficulties, and changes in mood and behavior. We are excited to be offering a virtual format of this popular program!
Minds in Motion is intended to be enjoyed with a friend, family member, or care partner. Being virtual, the person living with dementia and care partner need to be in a cohort and able to participate in the same room together during the program sessions to support one another.
What To Expect
The 2-hour program is divided into the following two components:
- The class starts with a certified fitness instructor leading a low-impact fitness class.
- For the second part of the program, trained facilitators engage participants in social and cognitive activities.
Alzheimer Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories’ Virtual Minds in Motion program is proudly supported by
How To Register
For more information on the virtual program and to register, please contact Shannon at 1-866-950-5465 ext. 201.
Upcoming virtual sessions:
- Wednesdays - 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. - November 2 to December 21, 2022
This virtual program is being offered free of charge.
What You Need to Participate Virtually
- Laptop or tablet that has a microphone and video camera
- Stable internet connection
- Safe, open space and two hard-backed chairs to exercise