Your local Society may also have additional language resources. Find your local Society.
What is dementia?
This one-page document will introduce you to the basic facts around dementia, including the differences between dementia and normal aging, the importance of early diagnosis and what to do if you’re concerned that you or someone you know has dementia.
- हिंदी (Hindi): डिमेंशिया क्या होता है?
Dementia resources in other languages
Dementia Australia publishes dementia-related information in a number of languages other than English.
Alzheimer’s Disease International (ADI) provides links to Alzheimer Societies across the world and sites with information in many languages.
Finding Your Way
You may also be interested in a made-in-Ontario service called Finding Your Way.
- While some aspects of the program (such as community service numbers) work only in Ontario, Finding Your Way features a website with lots of practical information, helpful wherever you live.
- Resources include tips on how to prevent people from going missing and what to do if it happens.
- Resources are also available in 12 different languages: Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, English, French, Cantonese, Mandarin, Punjabi, Tagalog, Arabic, Urdu and Tamil.
- To learn more, visit www.findingyourwayontario.ca.