Program Opening! September 4, 2013
In-home support for Caregivers who need relief
What is the Caregiver ReCharge program?
• It is targeted specifically for the high acuity/high needs individuals and is flexible to the caregiver’s needs as the caregiver determines when they use their hours and for what purpose. The CRP focuses on a person-centered experience.
• Temporary relief for the primary caregiver who is experiencing high levels of stress
• Substitute caregiving by trained personal support workers
• One-time annual allocation of hours customized to meet the needs of the caregiver
• Pre-scheduled in-home support services available over a 24-hour period
What services are available through the Caregiver ReCharge program?
Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) including:
• Personal hygiene/bathing/elimination
Assistance with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL) including:
• Meal preparation/assistance with eating
• Medication reminders
• Homemaking (i.e. light housekeeping, laundry)
• Passive range of motion exercises
Companionship Support / Safety and Risk Monitoring
• Some recreational activities (i.e. playing cards, reading, games etc.)
• Prevention of wandering/safety checks
How much does the Caregiver ReCharge program cost?
The Caregiver ReCharge program is free-of charge to caregivers who provide support to loved ones living in the South Etobicoke, Mississauga, Oakville, Georgetown, Milton and Halton Hills areas.
Who qualifies for the Caregiver ReCharge program?
• Primary informal caregivers who demonstrate a need and meet assessment eligibility criteria for services
• Caregiving location is within the Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (MH LHIN) boundaries
• Caregiver and Care Recipient must be insured by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP)
• Caregiving support must be non-medical in nature
For more information or to apply:
The Caregiver ReCharge program is a collaborative community service offered by the Alzheimer Society of Peel, Nucleus Independent Living and Links2Care. Caregiver ReCharge is made possible through the funding support of the Mississauga Halton LHIN.