- Casual/ Part-Time Positions (5 positions available)
- Indefinite Contract
- Nora’s House in Mississauga
Starting hourly rate: $17.50
The Alzheimer Society Peel exists to alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias; to help find the cause, prevention, and cure.
POSITION PURPOSE: We are currently searching for dynamic, caring and fun individuals to assist with providing activities, support and care to the cognitively impaired at our respite home, Nora’s House.
Location: We are recruiting several casual positions at our Nora’s house Mississauga location.
Hours: Shifts are not guaranteed. Casual staff are on call Monday- Sunday. Weekday, overnight and weekend work. Flexibility to work different shifts, as required.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist clients with all aspects of personal care
- Preparation, set up and clean up of meals and snack
- Regular communication with caregivers
- Ongoing client assessment
- Completion of daily cleaning duties
- Plan and implement therapeutic activities for clients
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Other duties as assigned
- Work 8 hour shifts
- Weekday, overnight and weekend work
- Flexibility to work different shifts, as required
Qualifications and Skills
- PSW diploma or a diploma of Therapeutic Recreation, Activation, Social Services, Gerontology or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease or a related dementia
- Extensive experience providing personal care
- Experience planning, implementing and evaluating activities
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Certified in First Aid/CPR
- Team Oriented
- Group Home, Day Program experience is an asset
- Additional languages an asset
We Invest In You!
- RRSP with company match (for those who qualify)
- Generous vacation entitlements
- Professional Development through innovative [email protected] Opportunities
- Annual Education Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Discount Programs
- Complete insurance coverage-medical, dental, vision, life insurance (for those who qualify)
How to Apply
Qualified applicants must apply by sending a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by August 9th, 2021. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Alzheimer Society Peel is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity. We are committed to an inclusive and barrier free work environment. Applicants with a disability will be provided accommodation during the recruitment process upon request. Please contact Olikha Mawji at [email protected] if accommodation is required.