For more information or to apply, see this link.
What is the Caregiver ReCharge program?
- It is targeted specifically for the high acuity/high needs individuals and is flexible to the caregiver’s needs as the caregiver determines when they use their hours and for what purpose. The CRP focuses on a person-centred experience.
- Temporary relief for the primary caregiver who is experiencing high levels of stress.
- Substitute caregiving by trained personal support workers.
- A one-time annual allocation of hours customized to meet the needs of the caregiver.
- Pre-scheduled in-home support services are available for over 24 hours.
What services are available through the Caregiver ReCharge program?
Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) including:
- Dressing/undressing and
- Personal hygiene/bathing/elimination.
Assistance with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL) including:
- Meal preparation/assistance with eating,
- Medication reminders,
- Homemaking (i.e. light housekeeping, laundry) and
- Passive range of motion exercises.
Companionship Support / Safety and Risk Monitoring
- Some recreational activities (i.e. playing cards, reading, games etc.),
- Redirection/prompting/cueing and
- Prevention of wandering/safety checks.
How much does the Caregiver ReCharge program cost?
The Caregiver ReCharge program is free of charge to caregivers who provide support to loved ones living in the South Etobicoke, Mississauga, Oakville, Georgetown, Milton and Halton Hills areas.
Who qualifies for the Caregiver ReCharge program?
- Primary informal caregivers who demonstrate a need and meet assessment eligibility criteria for services,
- Caregiving location is within the Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (MH LHIN) boundaries,
- Caregiver and Care Recipient must be insured by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) and
- Caregiving support must be non-medical.
The Caregiver ReCharge program is a collaborative community service offered by the Alzheimer Society of Peel, Nucleus Independent Living and Links2Care. Caregiver ReCharge is made possible through the funding support of the Mississauga Halton LHIN.