First Link allows health care professionals and community agencies to refer their patients and/or clients to receive additional support.
Referral Form Information
Alzheimer Society Peel First Link Referral Form
For Adobe users, there is also a digital email option:
New e-referral option: Coming Soon
To submit a First Link referral:
- Email to [email protected]
- Fax to 905-507-1991
- Verbal Referrals call 289-632-2273 ext. 314
About First Link
First Link is a referral program to allow Health Care Professionals and Community Agencies to refer their patients and/or clients to receive additional support.
Working with individuals affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia to a community of learning, services and support.
Goals and Objectives
- First Link is a referral program that will link individuals and families affected by Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia to a community of learning, services and support.
- First Link will provide access for individuals with dementia and their caregivers to comprehensive and coordinated services by identifying and reaching out to them as early as possible in the disease process.
- First Link aims to accomplish this goal by enhancing partnerships and linkages between the diagnosing primary care physician and other primary care providers, diagnostic and treatment services, community service providers, and the Alzheimer Society Peel.
The Benefits to First Link
- Increased effective and efficient utilization of community resources
- Stronger links between diagnosing physicians/health care professionals, Alzheimer Society and community service providers
- Overall increase in public awareness helping to reduce stigma
- Education for care providers and/or those diagnosed
- Support groups and counselling sessions