Alzheimer Society of Canada
The Alzheimer Society’s vision is a world without Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Our mission is to alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and to promote research.
Collaboration Accountability Respect Excellence
The Alzheimer Society is an equal opportunity employer and we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We are also committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and AODA and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Direct Mail Bilingual Assistant (Canada Summer Jobs)
Reports to: Director, Annual Giving
Provide support and assistance to the Coordinator of Annual Giving and Direct Mail in the daily duties of Direct Mail and Digital Fund Development. Provides support to other members of the Fund Development team as required. These functions include working in a bilingual environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide full administrative support to the Coordinator of Annual Giving (AG) and Direct Mail (DM) and other members of the Fund Development (FD) team in their daily duties
- Ensure that all deadlines are met for the planning, review and execution of DM and related digital campaigns by following the workback schedule and critical path, scheduling meetings and organizing the filing system of the final campaign components and review stages.
- Maintain the calendar and schedules for the meetings between the FD team, other Alzheimer Society of Canada (ASC) teams and vendors
- Oversee the inventory and reordering of stationery items and DM supplies.
- Processing of vendor and service provider invoices, coding and filing for future reference and reporting.
- Assist AG Coordinator and FD team in obtaining stories for DM appeals and related digital campaigns, including acting as the liaison between the participants, ASC teams and Federation parties in content approval and development.
- Participate actively in the content development for DM campaigns, including story and image research and selection. Proactively assist in the research of current updates of the Alzheimer Society (Research Program, Programs and Services throughout Federation)
- Assist the FD team in the maintenance of donor lists (suppression/kill file, direct mail donor updates)
- Proactive review and update current direct mail donor stewardship policies and procedures. Provide input and update current stewardship materials.
- Collaborate with the Digital Solutions team in the coding of digital appeals, including providing the Digital Solutions team with the assets and direction for homepage banner creation, donation form testing.
- Assist in the download and upload of documents between FD team and vendors.
- Assist and provide reports of the review process for the DM live proofs
- Provide weekly reports to the AG Coordinator and Direct of the various DM campaigns (dashboard report data, mail counts,
- Non-profit or marketing related management studies preferable
- Qualifications in marketing, communications/fund development or other relevant subject area.
- Fully bilingual (written and spoken)
Previous experience in fundraising, non-profit, marketing or relevant area.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Basic understanding of charitable sector in Canada.
- Experience with CRM platforms desirable (Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online, Salesforce or similar)
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Interest in copy writing and development of artwork.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Ability to complete tasks on time and strong attention to detail.
- Team player, open, friendly and approachable.
- Ability to take initiative and work proactively is absolutely essential.
- Ability to maintain confidentially of donor and organization data and information.
2021 Canada Summer Job Eligibility Requirements:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*International Students are not eligible
This contract role requires thirty-five (35) hours per week for eight (8) weeks.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Please include the ‘Job Title’ in the subject line.
Closing Date: June 25, 2021
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.