The Alzheimer Society’s vision is a world without Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Our mission is to alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and to promote research.
Collaboration Accountability Respect Excellence
The Alzheimer Society is an equal opportunity employer, and we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We are also committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and AODA and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Senior Financial Analyst
Reports to: Finance Lead
The Senior Financial Analyst’s responsibilities include assisting with financial planning and budgeting processes, analyzing financial statements and reports, developing financial models, preparing projections, and performing research and analysis as may be required by leadership. The Senior Financial Analyst will also be responsible for providing project teams with financial guidance and assisting with monthly close processes.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Analyzing financial data and developing financial models and cost projections
- Creating reports and updates based on data analysis
- Assisting with proposals, planning budget creation, and special projects
- Conducting cost analyses, benchmarking, and risk assessments
- Assisting with budgeting and monthly close processes
- Assisting with development, implementation, and review of fiscal policies
- Keeping up with industry news, trends, and opportunities
- Performing research and analysis as required
- Ensuring compliance with industry standards and rules as well as prov/state/federal legislation
- Supporting the Finance team as needed and helping with tax, reporting, audit activities and special projects
Your Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in financial planning, analysis and modeling
- An equivalent combination of experience, skills and education will also be considered
- Charity/not-for-profit (fundraising organization) experience preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications
- Ability to present financial information to a non-financial audience
- Working knowledge of financial strategies
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and related financial systems
- Extensive EXCEL experience, particularly in designing Pivot Tables
- Sage Intacct/Sage 300 experience required
- Ability to work onsite and remotely
Commitment to Equitable Recruitment
The Alzheimer Society recognizes the value and dignity of each individual and ensures everyone has genuine, open, and unhindered access to employment opportunities, free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive work environment, where the rights of all individuals and groups are protected and all members feel safe, respected, empowered, and valued for their contributions.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and AODA.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Please include the ‘Job Title’ in the subject line. We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: December 1, 2023