This National Volunteer Week, we’re applauding the volunteers who make our work possible
It’s National Volunteer Week and we’re joining organizations across the country to celebrate the important work done day-after-day by our volunteers.
The Alzheimer Society of B.C. is fortunate to have more than 750 volunteers who donate their time and expertise to lift people affected by dementia in communities across the province.
Integral to everything the Society does, volunteers bring creativity and energy, share invaluable hours of their time, use their voices as advocates to generate awareness and change, and build meaningful relationships with staff and people affected by dementia. They truly go above and beyond to show people affected by dementia in their communities that they’re not alone.
Every day during National Volunteer Week, we will share the Society staff and volunteer’s favourite moments and memories. Thanks to everyone who provided their experiences and thoughts! Keep visiting our website or follow us this week on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to read more and share your own experiences:
- Monday, April 20: Celebrating our support group volunteers
- Tuesday, April 21: Celebrating our First Link Dementia Helpline volunteers
- Wednesday, April 22: Celebrating our Walk volunteers
- Thursday, April 23: Celebrating our Minds in Motion volunteers
- Friday, April 24: Celebrating our Board, advisory and committee volunteers
- Saturday, April 25: Celebrating volunteers from across the Society