The Alzheimer Society’s vision is a world without Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Our mission is to alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and to promote research.
Collaboration Accountability Respect Excellence
The Alzheimer Society is an equal opportunity employer, and we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities in which we live and serve. We are also committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and AODA and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Reports to: Finance Lead
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for accurate and timely processing of all invoices received by the company. They will also be responsible for maintaining vendor files and preparing weekly and monthly reports. The ideal candidate for this position is a detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel. The AP Specialist may be reviewing supplier invoices for accuracy and completeness, entering invoices into the accounting system, processing payments, maintaining vendor files, and preparing weekly and monthly reports.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Full-Cycle accounts payable.
- Preparation of check runs and electronic payments.
- Maintenance of all accounts payable reports and files.
- Review employee expense reports to ensure adequate receipt documentation and to ensure that charges are within company policy.
- Assist in month-end closing.
- Daily reconciliation of payments.
- Processing of intercompany invoices.
- General Ledger (GL) accruals for outstanding internal expenses.
- Maintain good standing with all vendors.
- Creates and maintains vendor files with proper documentation and backup, including vendor records.
- Updates ERP system with vendor updates and additional vendor management as necessary.
- Additional projects related to accounting close, financial metrics, and internal controls, as assigned.
Your Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related discipline
- 3+ years of AP experience
- An equivalent combination of experience, skills and education will also be considered
- Charity/not-for-profit (fundraising organization) experience preferred
Don’t meet every requirement? If you are excited about the role, but your resume doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the description, apply anyway. You may still be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Sage Intacct/Sage 300 experience required
- Payroll processing experience preferred
- Credit card processing and reconciliation experience preferred
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Proven experience in accounts payable
- Knowledge of accounting software packages
- Ability to work onsite and remotely
Commitment to Equitable Recruitment
The Alzheimer Society recognizes the value and dignity of each individual and ensures everyone has genuine, open, and unhindered access to employment opportunities, free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise. We are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive work environment, where the rights of all individuals and groups are protected and all members feel safe, respected, empowered, and valued for their contributions.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Human Rights Code and AODA.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Please include the ‘Job Title’ in the subject line. We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: December 1, 2023